2018 New Holland Construction L228
Call for Price
Akron Tractor & Equipment, Inc.
New Holland Construction
New Holland L228 skid steer loader with cab, bucket, and high flow hydraulics
No matter what your line of work—landscaping, construction or property maintenance—you'll complete your jobs more quickly and effectively with a New Holland 200 Series skid steer loader.
- Excellent Dump Height And Reach: The patented New Holland Super Boom® vertical lift linkage delivers maximum reach at maximum height, allowing you to precisely place loads in the center of trucks.
- Rock Solid Stability: A smooth, stable ride results from a new, longer wheelbase, low center of gravity and correct front-to-rear weight distribution.
- Excellent Visibility: Better visibility allows you to work more confidently and quickly to improve your overall efficiency. A lower door threshold allows for better sightlines to the bucket cutting edge and to the trench, and the see-through area on the cab roof provides a clear view to the bucket at full height. Rear visibility is among the best in the industry due to a large window, low engine hood and no rear frame towers.
- Service Made Easy: Long service intervals mean New Holland skid steers spend less time in the shop. The swingout rear door and hood provide easy access to maintenance checkpoints. You can access engine oil, fuel fill, hydraulic oil, coolant and radiator points without tools.
- Unmatched Access: The entire cab and boom lift assembly tilts forward for unrivaled access to components and easy cab cleanout.
- Built-In Comfort: The wide cab offers superior operator comfort and visibility to critical areas, allowing operators to work with a new level of confidence and speed.
- Manufacturer/model: FPT /F5H FL463A*F001
- Bore/stroke, in (mm): 3.9 x 4.3 (99 x 110)
- Displacement, in3 (L): 207 (3.4)
- Fuel injection: HPCR Direct
- Air intake: Turbocharged Aftercooled with external EGR
- Horsepower per SAE J1349 Gross hp (kW): 74 (55) @ 2500 rpm
- Horsepower per SAE J1349 Net hp (kW): 68 (51) @ 2500 rpm
- Peak torque, lb-ft (Nm): 232 (314) @ 1400 rpm
- Travel speed, low range, mph (km/h): 7.0 (11.3)
- Travel speed, high range (optional), mph (km/h): 10.5 (16.9)
- Bucket hinge pin, in (mm): 129.4 (3287)
- Top of ROPS, in (mm): 78.8 (2002)
- Bottom of level bucket, fully raised, in (mm): 122.6 (3115)
- Overall length without attachment with coupler, in (mm): 117.8 (2993)
- Dump angle, degrees: 54.7
- Dump reach (max height), in (mm): 32.3 (821)
- Rollback, bucket on ground, degrees: 33.8
- Rollback, bucket at full height, degrees: 84.8
- Wheelbase, in (mm): 52 (1322)
- Ground clearance (bottom of belly pan), in (mm): 8 (203)
- Angle of departure, degrees: 23.5
- Clearance circle without bucket, in (mm): 56.2 (1428)
- Clearance circle rear, in (mm): 70.4 (1789)
- Rear axle to bumper, in (mm): 40.7 (1034)
- Overall width, in (mm): 69.6 (1768)
- Pump flow, Standard Flow, gpm (Lpm): 24.2 (91.5)
- Relief pressure, psi (bar): 3046 (210)
- Optional high flow, gpm (Lpm): 37.6 (142.5)
- Rated operating load, 50% tip, lbs (kg): 2800 (1270)
- Tipping load, lbs (kg): 5600 (2540)
- Breakout force, lift cylinder, lbs (kN): 6030 (27.3)
- Breakout force, bucket cylinder, lbs (kN): 8620 (38.3)
- Operating weight, lbs (kg): 8245 (3740)
- Engine Type
- FPT /F5H FL463A*F001
- Engine Manufacturer
- 74 hp (55 kW)
- Rated RPM
- 2500 rpm
- Turbocharged Aftercooled with external EGR
- SAE Rated Operating Capacity
- 2800 lb. (1270 kg)
- Max Ground Speed
- 10.5 mph (16.9 km/h)
- 117.8 in. (2993 mm)
- 69.6 in. (1768 mm)
- 78.8 in. (2002 mm)
- 8245 lb. (3740 kg)
- 52 in. (1322 mm)